Cheshire Granite Worktops Ltd (“We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.cheshiregraniteworktops.co.uk and by providing personal data to us, you
are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Cheshire Granite Worktops Ltd of Unit G, Stanley Industrial Estate, Stanley Road, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 0EG
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.cheshiregraniteworktops.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a service. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
As part of the recent GDPR ruling of the EU, we are obliged to provide to you any data that we hold on you at your request. We can also remove all data that we hold about you. To do this, please email email@example.com with the subject line ‘GDPR Data Request’ and we will get back to you within 7 working days.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- for the fulfilment of orders for goods and services requested;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- we do not pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller
or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Cheshire Granite Worktops Ltd assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers
will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cheshire Granite Worktops Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Updating Your Data
We may, from time to time, engage in data-matching exercises with trusted third parties to ensure that the personal data provided by you to us remains up to date. Data matching involves comparing computer records held by us against other computer records held by another body to see how far they match. This usually involves personal information. Computerised data matching allows us to update our records in the event that any of your personal information changes. Where a match is found it may indicate that there is an inconsistency which requires further investigation. When undertaking a data-matching exercise, the trusted third party is contractually prevented from using any personal information received from us for any purpose other than updating our records (i.e. they may not use information received from us to update their own records).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at The Data Protection Controller, Cheshire Granite Worktops Ltd.
If, at any time, you want to verify, update or amend your personal data or preferences please write to us at The Data Protection Controller, Cheshire Granite Worktops Ltd, Unit G, Stanley Industrial Estate, Stanley Road, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 0EG. Verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of your request.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Worktops Ltd, Unit G, Stanley Industrial Estate, Stanley Road, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 0EG.