Whether using a natural stone like granite, or a man made stone like quartz, it is essential that the slabs are used from the same batch to ensure a colour match.
We always perfrom a visual colour check to ensure consistency of shading and a thorough inspection is carried out to check for possible imperfections. This is how we check your slabs are in the right conditon before we fabricate;
- Any cracks, pits, voids and blemishes are identified. If found these are marked with a circle and template cut-outs positioned over them.
- Slab-to-slab colour match and colour consistency within the slab is checked
- Irregular spots and inconsistent gloss levels are checked
- A thickness tolerance +- 1mm is allowed
- Warping: upto a maximum of 2mm is allowed across the entire length and width when a slab is in a horizontal position. More than this and the slab is rejected and returned to the supplier.
If we are ever unsatisfied with a slab for the any of the above reasons, we will always return it to the manufacturer or importer, even if that means delaying your job!